Eventually I decided with times being hard to NOT buy a jumper this year with the sole intention of wearing it on christmas day. Usually a christmas jumper will feature some glitter, sequins, a fair-isle print or full on santa and snowmen. Therefore limiting wearability for the rest of the year. If you think in terms of pounds per wear, its not worth it. I decided with a heavy heart that my decision was the right one.
When it was time to head north for Christmas celebrations with the family I packed up a favourite vintage red shirt and old primark velvet mini skirt in my suitcase, with those in mind for a suitable festive christmas day outfit.
I arrived in my hometown and on christmas eve popped out to get some last minute wrapping paper. That's when I saw THE jumper, ideal for Christmas day. Hanging at the front of the £1 sale rail no less outside one of my favourite charity shops (I once found a vintage Dior jumper in there for £4!).
I grabbed it in an instant and paid my pound coin. I dashed home and threw it in the washing machine on the most gentle cycle I could find on my mothers washing machine so it would be ready for Christmas day!
I grabbed it in an instant and paid my pound coin. I dashed home and threw it in the washing machine on the most gentle cycle I could find on my mothers washing machine so it would be ready for Christmas day!
Cinderella shall go to the ball!! Or at least have a new sparkly jumper for Christmas day...
Purple cotton jumper with heavy sequin detail around the neckline and shoulder.


No comments:
Post a Comment