Sunday, 26 February 2012

Want of the week - Pop Tarts!

I'm currently recovering from an operation on my abdominal area so my wants this week are a little different to normal! 


I knew my operation was approaching and I was craving some treats to stock up on while I would be laid up recovering! It hit me one day at work: POP TARTS! I used to love them as a child and as they were always so expensive on many a shopping trip to the supermarket I would try and slip them into the trolly unnoticed, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. Once I got home it was then a battle to get my grubby mitts on them before my siblings. 


So I thought I would grab some on my next trip to the supermarket. The shelves were bare. My mission was turning out to be harder than I thought. I visited Sainsbury's, Tesco (several branches), and many corner shops searching for my classic strawberry pop tarts with no luck at all. 


To cut a long story short on the day of my operation my boyfriend tracked my desired pop tarts down at a Budgens round the corner from the hospital. At last he came to visit me with pop tarts in hand. The perfect thing to wake up from surgery to. I'm not even sharing either.

Available at Budgens

No comments:

Post a Comment