Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Home comforts



My Dad's staple meal is sausage, mash and baked beans (always Heniz). He is not very good with the concept of vegetables and your 5 a day. I used to hate it as a teenager, every meal had to come with mash and beans! Now whenever I go home its the first meal I request as it completes the home experience. 


My own version of my Dad's classic is a lovely pork & leek sausage, lump free mash with a spoonful of wholegrain mustard. finished off with peas and red onion gravy!  - perfection! 


I added the cider as a cheap dinner drink which suits sausages perfectly!

3 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! Scrumpy Jack! haha

    Adèle ♥
    adelejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mm looks delish, I love homemade onion gravy! My boyfriend makes a mean dish with apple cider and leeks with sausages, seriously amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a mean i'm proper craving-winter warmer indeed! LOVE it

    X

    http://purpletweed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete